ShelterBox USA: Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund
Even as it continues its efforts to aid disaster victims around the world, ShelterBox USA has created a a special funding streak to help with its work in Texas and Louisiana. By donating to that fund, you can be assured that 100% of all money received will support all costs associated with the ShelterBox response to Harvey.
Should ShelterBox USA raise funds in excess of what’s needed to respond to this particular crisis, those excess funds will be allocated to its “Deployment Essentials’” fund that provides support for all costs associated with ShelterBox worldwide deployments However, given the widespread devastation, it is doubtful money donations will exceed need.
Two ways to donate:
(1.) Online at https://www.shelterboxusa.org/Donate — just scroll down to “Designation” and select from the drop-down menu “Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund.”
(2.) By personal or company check, made payable to ShelterBox USA Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund. Checks may be given to Bill Dowd, SRC’s ShelterBox Liaison, or Murray Forth, SRC Treasurer.
THE GULF COAST DISASTER RELIEF FUND
A DONOR ADVISED FUND
The Gulf Coast Disaster Relief Fund (DAF) account within The Rotary Foundation has been established to streamline the flow of contributions from Rotarians looking to assist hurricane victims. The fund will be directed by the account-advisers listed below.
The account-advisers will work with local Rotary clubs and districts, as well as relief agencies, to address the needs of people in affected areas. Account-advisers may make grant recommendations for projects providing longer-term support and recovery(e.g. funding for Rotary Foundation Global Grant projects).
The Gulf Coast Disaster Relief Fund Account-Advisors
Greg Podd, Past Director, Rotary International
Barry Rassin, President Elect, Rotary International
Frequently Asked Questions
• How can I contribute? Please see the detailed instructions on page 2. You may contribute via check, credit card, wire transfer, or stock transfer. All contributions must go directly to the DAF account and be in U.S. dollars. Only U.S. tax receipts will be issued. On all contributions, please be sure to reference The Gulf Coast Disaster Relief Fund, #608. Misdirected contributions to The Rotary Foundation lock-box (or a Rotary Association foundation) will benefit the Annual Fund—SHARE.
• What amount of my contribution will actually go to the relief effort? Nearly 100% of contributions to The Gulf Coast Disaster Relief Fund will be granted to IRS-approved charitable organizations helping to provide relief and recovery. There is a small fee of 1% which covers the administrative and investment costs. Additionally, on 1 July of each year, 1% of the fair market value of the The Gulf Coast Disaster Relief Fund is contributed to The Rotary Foundation’s Annual Fund to support the programs of the Foundation.
Please note that The Gulf Coast Disaster Relief Fund will make grants to other charitable organizations that may have other costs; however, efforts will be made to provide grants to organizations that directly support the needs of individuals and communities through the Rotary volunteer structure and other aid organizations. Additional fees may apply depending on the method of your contributions.
• Will I receive recognition for my contribution? Contributions to TRF DAF accounts are not eligible for Paul Harris or Major Donor recognition.
• Where can I learn more about The Rotary Foundation Donor Advised Fund and how it works? Please visit rotary.org/daf for more information.
For assistance, please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (847) 866-3100.
You can contribute to the Donor Advised Fund by following the instructions below.
• All accepted contributions are irrevocable assets of The Rotary Foundation.
• Contributions must be made in U.S. dollars and cannot be by money order or cashier’s check.
• Donors will be issued a U.S. charitable tax receipt.
• The Rotary Foundation does not award recognition for contributions to this account;
contributions do not earn Foundation Recognition points (toward Paul Harris Fellows) or count toward Paul Harris Society, Major Donor or Arch Klumph society status or district giving goals.
• Non-U.S. contributions may be subject to additional information to meet U.S. guidelines for international fund transfers.
• Contributions sent to The Rotary Foundation lock-box will benefit the Annual Fund—SHARE.
• For more information about the Donor Advised Fund, please visit rotary.org/daf.
DISTRICT 5890 CHARITIES INC.
This is the Houston Rotary District 5890’s charitable arm, EIN # 76-0569758. You can contribute directly to this 501c3 organization.