President Debbie Rodriguez presided, noting the presence of a quorum via Zoom with no proxies filed.
• Health update: Murray Forth is home and recuperating from knee surgery, but will not be physically active in the club for a month or two. … Doris Calamaras remains hospitalized, and a card has been sent to her on behalf of the club.
• Donations: Checks have been mailed to the USS Slater floating museum in Albany in memory of Bill Wyld ($150) and to the District in lieu of a gift basket for the upcoming Foundation Dinner ($100). The club agreed to send a $150 check to the Children’s Hospital at Albany Medical Center in memory of Dr. Martha Lepow (see story here).
• Shirt Orders: An order has been submitted to the District in support of a Foundation fundraising effort. The order form and details still can be found on our website for anyone else who wishes to give orders via Debbie Rodriguez.
• Financial Activities: Phil Kellerman reported that the Internal Revenue Service Form 990 report card has been submitted on behalf of the club. He will contact the District to be sure any other required information has been submitted. … Our Foundation Committee will begin regularly meeting to discuss relative matters.
• Holiday Party: The consensus of those in attendance was to hold our annual Holiday Party & Gift Basket Raffle on Thursday, December 16, at Moscatiello’s. Details to come.
• Zoom Account: Bill Dowd will upgrade our club’s Zoom account from the limited-time free version to the Pro Level, using a discount offer. A number of members pledged $25 each to cover the first year’s upgrade which will eliminate the 40-minute limit on individual meetings.
• Next meeting: Dinner meeting at Moscatiello’s, 6:15 p.m. Thursday, October 28, which will start at 6:15 p.m. after a social period. Dinner choices will be chicken Caesar salad, chicken Marsala, or baked ziti. No reservations are necessary, price is $25 (please bring exact amount). Note: Anyone who will not be attending the session is asked to email President Debbie a proxy that can be counted toward a quorum.