Event coordinator Debbie Rodriguez this week dropped off the first load of donations from SRC’s annual push to aid the “School Supplies Drive” at Circles of Mercy.
The last of our donations must be delivered to Circles no later than August 20 to allow time to package and distribute supplies to needy kids in the Rensselaer City School District. There are a number of ways you and your families and friends can participate in the effort before that cutoff date.
(1.) Drop off donations you purchased from the recommended shopping list at the Drumm Veterinary Hospital any time during normal business hours at 1639 Columbia Turnpike.
(2.) Drop off donations at any the next outdoor social, scheduled for August 6 at the Leyhane or Martinez residence.
(3.) Debbie will be in the parking lot of Quigley’s before our Thursday, August 20, meeting to accept donations. She will NOT be attending the meeting itself, so please be sure to look for her in the parking lot before 6 p.m.
(4.) You can send a check in support of the effort to Circles of Mercy, 11 Washington Street, Rensselaer, NY 12144. Be sure to write “SRC School Supplies” in the memo line of the check. Such donations are tax deductible.
Thanks to all who were among the earliest donors, and thank you in advance to those who still have to do their shopping. The shopping list recommended by Circles of Mercy:
• Pencils (Regular Lead #2 and Color)
• Pencil Sharpener
• Erasers (For Pencils)
• Pens (Black or Blue)
• Dry Erase Markers (Assorted Colors)
• Pocket Folders (Assorted Colors)
• 3 Ring Binders (in 2” and 3” Sizes)
• Loose Leaf Paper (College Ruled)
• Graph Paper
• Spiral Subject Notebooks (1, 3 and 5 Subject – College Ruled)
• Subject Dividers (for 3-ring binders)
• Plastic Zipper Pencil Cases / Boxes
• 3”X5” Index Cards
• Highlighters (Yellow)
• Rulers (Regular with Metric)
• Kleenex Tissues
• Hand Sanitizer (Small Bottles)
• Backpacks (No Rollers/No Wheels)
• Ear Buds (inexpensive, for computer use)
• Flash Drives (all sizes)
• Scientific Calculators (Texas Instrument TI-84)
• Hole Reinforcement Labels
• Combination Locks (for gym lockers)
• Sharpie Markers (any color)