As we change seasons, most of us sort through our clothing closets and drawers to see what we can do without. So, if you find unwanted clothes you’d like to get rid of, may we suggest one of the Gift of Life dropoff boxes?
The one closest to our area of service is behind the Mobil station just off Exit 10 of I-90 — near the Top Form facility.
GOL, the childhood medical relief organization, has many locations throughout District 7190 for its clothing donation bins. There are several in the immediate Southern Rensselaer County Rotary Club area, but for those of you who live or work elsewhere — or want to encourage friends, relatives, and co-workers to drop off their unwanted items to help GOL, there are plenty of other options as well.
These bins are placed in conjunction with American Clothing Recycling Company, a Glens Falls business, with profits going to Gift of Life.
Here are the most convenient clothing bin locations (the list may change from time to time):
In the immediate SRC area:
- As noted above, behind the Mobil station on Miller Road, Schodack
- Tractor Supply Store, Schodack Plaza, 1649 Columbia Turnpike, Castleton
Elsewhere in the region:
- Hewitt’s, Clifton Park
- Powers Irish Pub, Clifton Park
- Kelley Farm & Garden, Cobleskill
- Rustic Gourmet Restaurant, 785 Delaware Ave, Delmar
- SE Kitchens & Baths, Gansevoort
- Hewitts, 605 Feura bush Road, Glenmont
- Faddegon’s Nursery, Latham
- Grassland Equipment & Irrigation Corp., Latham
- Mechanicville Area Community Services Center, Mechanicville
- Watervliet Elementary School, Watervliet
- State Line Flea Market, Whitehall