Members Attending (11, no quorum): Debbie Rodriguez, Dick Drumm, Jim Leyhane, Roberto Martinez, Ray Hannan, Charlie Foote, Pat Bailey, Kevin Leyhane, Debbie Brown, Peter Brown, Phil Kellerman.
Meeting Notes: President Debbie Rodriguez presided over the Zoom session. There were not enough members attending to constitute a quorum. Thus, no actions could be approved. Two motions reported as “passed” — a $100 donation to the Rotary Foundation for a gift basket to be given at the November 18 Rotary Foundation Dinner and $100 to the USS Slater in memory of our late member Bill Wyld — cannot, by our bylaws, be acted upon until passed at a meeting attended by a quorum.
• It was reported that the club is “paid up” for the year to RI. However, once again we have not collected dues from all people purporting to be members, so the club is in the negative as far as money sent to RI.
• Although it traditionally has been the purview of the president-elect to schedule a lineup of speakers, Kevin Leyhane has agreed to let Becky Raymond handle that chore for the remainder of the 2021-22 Rotary Year after she volunteered to do so. The club will continue covering dinner costs for speakers and student guests. Any others accompanying speakers will need to pay for their dinners. Becky will inform speakers of that policy.
• Treasurer Murray Forth, who underwent knee surgery and subsequent hospitalization, is home and recuperating. He now is able to resume his duties on behalf of the club.
• Kevin Leyhane, Jim Leyhane, and Roberto Martinez will meet with management at Moscatiello’s Italian Family Restaurant before our next meeting there (October 14) to firm up audio-visual resources for speakers and the club in general.
• Rotary Leadership Institute (RLI) dates and registration information are available on the club website. As always, the club will reimburse our attendees for registration costs.
• Ordering information is on the club website for Rotary shirts of various types being sold as a Rotary Foundation fundraiser. Members are asked to bring their needs and orders to next Thursday’s meeting.
• Our next meeting is scheduled for Thursday, October 14, at Moscatiello’s (5:30 p.m. social period, 6:15 dinner and meeting). Entree choices: chicken Caesar salad, portabella ravioli, sausage and peppers. Cost: $25, no reservations necessary.