MEMBERS IN ATTENDANCE (10): Peter and Debbie Brown, Dick Drumm, Roberto Martinez, Jim Leyhane, Phil Kellerman, Murry Forth, Debbie Rodriguez, Andy Leyhane and Ray Hannan.
GUESTS IN ATTENDANCE: None.
President Elect Peter Brown called the meeting to order.
• THEME FOR THE YEAR – As discussed at the Board meeting, we are considering “Growing Fellowship and Service Locally and Globally” as the theme for this year. Service projects and guest speakers would relate to the theme.
• STUDENT EXCHANGE PROGRAM – Peter Brown discussed his interest in restarting the International Youth Exchange Program. The Program is still operating. There is someone at the Rotary District level overseeing the exchange program. We will check with our District to see if this person can present at one of our upcoming meetings. Jim Leyhane offered to contact Jeff Simons about restarting the Program. In the future we hope to make presentations at the local high schools to both parents and students. These types of programs can generate community interest and participation in Rotary.
• REMIND APP – The app allows for group texting for sharing of information faster in the event that meetings are canceled/rescheduled, proxy voting and may serve as a quick reminder for upcoming events. Text is limited to 150 characters. To join the Rotary Group:
Sent a text to the number: 81010
Text this message: @srcrot
• PROXY VOTES – If unable to attend a meeting, members should submit their proxy to President Kevin Leyhane. Proxy votes may also be submitted using the Remind App text notification.
• SPEAKERS – We can begin scheduling speakers for the year. As noted, we are looking for speakers that relate back to the theme for this year. If you have an idea for a speaker, contact Peter Brown or President Kevin Leyhane.
• SHELTER BOX – Roberto Martinez reported that $250 from the sale of the lanterns will be sent to Shelter Box. Please continue to contribute to Shelter Box through your CLYNK donations.
• GIFT OF LIFE – Please donate your clothing and other items to the Gift of Life donation boxes.
• BARROW OF BOOZE RAFFLE – The drawing was held, and the winner is Roberto Martinez. Congratulations! Proceeds from the raffle will be used to obtain the equipment needed to establish a hybrid meeting and for club operating expenses.
• MEETING SCHEDULE – Next week, September 22, will be a Zoom meeting at 7 pm. The following week, we hope to be up and running with a hybrid option allowing members to meet in person or join the meeting via Zoom. We are working on obtaining the necessary hardware and internet access.