As of today, (5) five events officially are on our “summer casual” schedule, that annual period during which we forego formal dinner meetings in favor of cookouts, picnics, and field trips.
Still to be filled are July 28, and August 4 and 25. Although that leaves one late-summer Thursday (September 1) before the Labor Day Weekend, traditionally we do not schedule anything then because so many people are on vacation.
We also may swap one of those three available Thursdays for a Sunday bus trip to take in an antique airplane show at the Old Rhinebeck Aerodrome in Dutchess County. More details on that possibility will be forthcoming.
Here is what we have firmed up so far. If you’d like to host or set up an event, please contact Debbie Rodriguez ASAP.
• July 7 — Cookout, 6 p.m., hosted by Jim and Andy Leyhane at Jim’s residence in East Greenbush. The pool will be open.
• July 14 — Cookout, 6 p.m., hosted by Roberto Martinez and Jim Leyhane at Roberto’s residence in East Greenbush.
• July 21 — Picnic, 6 p.m., hosted by David Taylor and Ray Hannan at Eastwyck Village in Rensselaer.
• July 28 — Open date to be filled.
• August 4 — Open date to be filled.
• August 11 — Wine tasting dinner, 6 p.m., hosted by Debbie Rodriguez and Pat Bailey at Brookview Station Winery at Goold Orchards in Castleton.
• August 18 — Take us out to the ballgame, and feed us, too. Picnic dinner at 6 p.m. in the covered pavilion, followed by a ValleyCats pro baseball game, Joseph L. Bruno Stadium at Hudson Valley Community College in Troy.
• August 25 — Open date to be filled.