Third Thursday Breakfast Meeting
East Greenbush, NY
September 15, 2016
Members Attending (10): Terry Brewer, Shannon Romanowski, Mike Bennett, Melissa Bill, Murray Forth, Jim Leyhane, Andy Leyhane, Marko Koshykar, Matt Smith, John Sawchuk.
Business/Announcements: The meeting began at 7 a.m. with Terry Brewer presiding and Shannon Romanowski hosting.
• The schedule for the year was reviewed with the third Thursdays of each month continuing to be the designated breakfast meeting dates: October 20, November 17, December 15, January 19, February 16, March 16, April 20, May 18, June 15, July 20 and August 17. The two latter dates were added at the suggestion of Jim Leyhane to maintain a year-long meeting flow.
• Goals for the 2016-2017 Rotary year were reviewed. President Debbie Rodriguez’s goals were discussed with an emphasis placed on attending breakfast or dinner meetings to meet our fellow Rotarians. Both meetings are available to all Rotarians.
• John Sawchuk will have students from Columbia High School support all drives for food pantries and support for families in need during the holiday season.
• Mike Bennett will work with students at Maple Hill High School on service projects, RYLA and a foreign exchange student activity.
• Matt Smith and Mike Dewey will develop a recycling event for electronics and paper shredding for October as club fundraisers.
• Shannon will sponsor a community service day to discuss opportunities for community service organizations to shared activities and collaborate on events.
• Terry is representing the club at a “Next Gen Membership” summit meeting. Andy Leyhane also will attend.
• Each member attending agreed to have a speaker/program for the monthly meeting.
Terry will coordinate the schedule. At the October 20 breakfast meeting, John Sawchuk will arrange for teachers from Columbia HS speaking on service programs. Shannon will obtain a speaker from the Rensselaer County Chamber of Commerce for the November 17 meeting.