Now it can be revealed! We have a pair of magicians lined up to make our SRC 60th Anniversary Dinner a very special evening for all.
For adults and kids alike, our featured guest will be professional magician Doug Eash and his “It’s Magic!” show. Over a decades-long career he has performed for audiences large and small and for everyone from kindergartners to retirement community residents.
Also for adults and kids alike, our old friend Jim Mendrysa of Talk of the Town Catering will be wielding his culinary magic to provide a lavish buffet spread, plus a wine-and-soft drink open bar and a cash cocktail bar. Most of us are familiar with the cuisine this Culinary Institute of America-trained chef provides as one of the region’s most experienced caterers.
If you haven’t yet made your reservations, remember there are only 10 days left to cash in on early bird pricing: $45 for adults, $10 for kids 12 and under. Just email event coordinator Bill Dowd (BillDowd4Troy@gmail.com). After Valentine’s Day, the prices go to $50 and $15. (Send checks, made payable to SRC Rotary, to the club at Box 71, East Greenbush NY 12061.)
Please remember that we always welcome guests, so if you’re bringing one or more be sure to send Bill their names, too, so they can be included in the headcount needed to arrange sufficient food and seating . We hope to see you at the Comfort Inn on Miller Road just off I-90 Exit 10 at 6 p.m. Thursday, March 5.
Meanwhile, here is a first look at the menu:
• Assorted cheeses garnished with a bountiful amount of fresh seasonal fruits
• Crisp sliced vegetables with herbed dips and gourmet crackers
• Mediterranean mixed green salad with house vinaigrette
• Baskets of fresh-baked breads with butter
3-Entree Main Event
• Medallions of Atlantic salmon, served with a citrus vin blanc sauce
• Tenderloin of pork, herb crusted and slow roasted, served with rich pork demi glace
• Chicken Breast Marsala, dredged in seasoned flour, sauteed in Marsala wine sauce with sliced mushrooms
Accompanied by a Chef’s Medley of steamed seasonal vegetables in a light herbed butter , plus crispy Yukon Gold potatoes accented with rosemary and garlic
Coffee & Dessert
• Chocolate mousse cups garnished with wild berries
• Our own signature blend of brewed coffee, plus decaf, teas
• A special anniversary cake