Keeping the coronavirus pandemic in mind, the Southern Rensselaer County Rotary Club has decided to continue its Thursday dinner meetings for now.
However, the club is encouraging anyone feeling ill or who is in the categories of those most susceptible to the virus (over age 60; compromised immune system; other underlying medical conditions such as heart disease, lung disease, or diabetes) to stay home if they feel uncomfortable about the potential of exposure.
Everyone is encouraged to follow the basic precautionary guidelines being issued by local, state, and national health agencies:
• frequent thorough hand washing with hot water and soap (at least 20 seconds);
• avoiding large crowds where potential contamination is greater;
• covering up when sneezing or coughing to avoid affecting others;
• regularly wiping down work surfaces with disinfectants;
• avoid touching your face, mouth, ears with unwashed hands, etc.
You can find an excellent set of guidelines online from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.