at Quigley’s Restaurant
573 Columbia Turnpike
East Greenbush, NY 12061 Virtually
Members Attending (19): Phil Kellerman, Dick Drumm, Terry Brewer, Murray Forth, Pat Bailey, Bill Dowd, Jim Leyhane, Dean Calamaras, Doris Calamaras, Debbie Rodriguez, Roberto Martinez, Kevin Leyhane, Peter Brown, Debbie Brown, Carol Orvis, Ray Hannan, Charlie Foote, Geoff Brewer, Becky Raymond.
Guests (1): Merlin the Cat.
FOR THE SECOND TIME this spring, the club held a virtual business meeting via Zoom video conferencing. (We also held a virtual social hour last week, and will do so again on Thursday, May 21.)
• The main item on the agenda was the election of the Club Board for the 2020-21 Rotary Year. The slate provided to the membership a week earlier was accepted by those present without amendment or objection:
PRESIDENT: Dick Drumm
PRESIDENT-ELECT: Debbie Rodriguez
VICE PRESIDENT: Terry Brewer
TREASURER: Murray Forth
SECRETARY: Pat Bailey
AT-LARGE: Bill Dowd, Jim Leyhane, Roberto Martinez, Dean Calamaras, Kevin Leyhane
IMMEDIATE PAST PRESIDENT: Phil Kellerman
• President Phil updated members on progress in putting together the package of documents to be submitted to the Internal Revenue Service as part of our effort to regain tax-exempt status. The 8990 EZ forms have been completed, and the 1024A form is next. Within the next week, we hope to put all relevant documents on a password-protected web page. The current Board will have access to review the documents before final submission.
• Terry reported that we have received verifications from Columbia and Rensselaer high schools that scholarship recipients have been selected. We still need to hear from Maple Hill. The club subsequently voted to approve $1,000 individual scholarships for one graduating senior at each of those schools. Recipients will be invited to join us at a Zoom meeting, but the actual checks will be mailed to them.
• Roberto reported that we are on schedule to meet all requirements and deadlines for District Grants for the current and 2020-21 Rotary Years.
• Murray reported that a $1,040 grant check has been sent to the Freedom From Fistula Foundation, and that the same amount will be mailed to The Oley Foundation. The grants are funded by proceeds from our Foundation Bowl-a-Thon.
• Because of a lack of club activity, it was agreed to cease print advertising until September.