The first of four dropoff dates for our annual “Back to School Supplies Drive” is coming up on Thursday, July 23. That’s when Debbie and Peter Brown host an outdoor picnic.
(Incidentally, if you haven’t called in your RSVP to the Browns for the catered event, the deadline for doing so is this Sunday. Go here for details of the event.)
The school supplies push is for needy students in the Rensselaer City School District. We have been partnering with Circles of Mercy to be involved in this worthy project for seven years. Debbie Rodriguez is this year’s coordinator.
The other dropoff dates:
• August 6: Outdoor social at either Leyhane or Martinez residence.
• August 20: Social distancing dinner at Quigley’s.
• August 27: Outdoor social at Bailey residence.
(NOTE: If none of the four dates works for you, you can drop off donated items any time through Wednesday, August 19, at the Drumm Veterinary Hospital, 1639 Columbia Turnpike, Castleton.)
The shopping list recommended by Circles of Mercy:
• Pencils (Regular Lead #2 and Color)
• Pencil Sharpener
• Erasers (For Pencils)
• Pens (Black or Blue)
• Dry Erase Markers (Assorted Colors)
• Pocket Folders (Assorted Colors)
• 3 Ring Binders (in 2” and 3” Sizes)
• Loose Leaf Paper (College Ruled)
• Graph Paper
• Spiral Subject Notebooks (1, 3 and 5 Subject – College Ruled)
• Subject Dividers (for 3-ring binders)
• Plastic Zipper Pencil Cases / Boxes
• 3”X5” Index Cards
• Highlighters (Yellow)
• Rulers (Regular with Metric)
• Kleenex Tissues
• Hand Sanitizer (Small Bottles)
• Backpacks (No Rollers/No Wheels)
• Ear Buds (inexpensive, for computer use)
• Flash Drives (all sizes)
• Scientific Calculators (Texas Instrument TI-84)
• Hole Reinforcement Labels
• Combination Locks (for gym lockers)
• Sharpie Markers (any color)
If you do NOT plan to attend any get-together or cannot utilize the Drumm Vet drop-off point, please contact Debbie Rodriguez to arrange a dropoff or pickup of donations: 518-766-3451 or firstname.lastname@example.org.