MEMBERS ATTENDING (20): Debbie Rodriguez, Bill Dowd, Becky Raymond, Roberto Martinez, Jim Leyhane, Phil Kellerman, Charlie Foote, Ray Hannan, Pat Bailey, Dick Drumm, John Justino, Andy Leyhane, Dean Calamaras, Doris Calamaras, Kevin Leyhane, Carol Orvis (by proxy), Murray Forth (by proxy), Tony Morris (by proxy), Peter Brown (by proxy), Debbie Brown (by proxy).
President Debbie called the meeting to order via Zoom and noted the presence of a quorum.
• Clynk coordinator Bill Dowd reported that we have surpassed the 25,000-container mark. He thanked all SRC members who have contributed to the initiative in support of ShelterBox and noted that he has emailed all members with details of the effort for those who are not yet participating.
• It was reported that Ron Annis has returned from his annual trip to Sweden. He verified the Town of Schodack report that the viking gym at Schodack Town Park has been dismantled because wear and tear on the facility SRC helped sponsor resulted in the move. Ron will work with the town to make plans to refurbish, and potentially expand, the outdoor rustic gym.
• Pat Bailey said the committee planning her fundraising proposal — which would combine a raffle and public appearances to tell people about Rotary and its many community service activities — has not met and she has had difficulty getting members to respond. Her our-person committee consists of her, Becky Raymond, Peter Brown, and Phil Kellerman.
• It was again asked if the Foundation Advisory Committee — Phil Kellerman, Murray Forth, Andy Leyhane, and A.J. Amato — has met since it was reported in November 2020 that they would do so and report to the membership what the foundation has been doing. The response was that the group has yet to meet. Phil again said he would make a point of convening a meeting and formulating a report to the membership.
• John Justino said the NYSCR Danes Rotaract Club board will meet next week to assess in-person activities and plan a service event in light of UAlbany’s current ban on such activities on campus because of the COVID pandemic. The last such Rotaract event resulted in attracting two new members.
• Several District events have been announced — the annual District conference and the Multi-District Leadership training seminar — and details will be posted on the club website.
• Upcoming Events: State Assemblyman Jake Ashby will speak to the club at next week’s (1/27) 7 p.m. Zoom meeting. As we evaluate the possibility of resuming biweekly in-person dinner meetings at Moscatiello’s Italian Family Restaurant in February, Roberto Martinez and/or Jim Leyhane will check with the restaurant to see if staff members are fully vaccinated. The consensus of the meeting attendees tonight was that we would continue to limit attendance at our in-person events to members and guests who are fully vaccinated and have had a booster shot if qualified to do so.