MEMBERS ATTENDING (14): Debbie Rodriguez, Pat Bailey, Bill Dowd, Jim Leyhane, Roberto Martinez, Peter Brown, Debbie Brown, Dick Drumm, Phil Kellerman, Murray Forth, Carol Orvis (by proxy), Dean Calamaras (by proxy), Doris Calamaras (by proxy), Tony Morris (by proxy).
GUESTS (1): PDG Larry Jones.
President Debbie Rodriguez called the meeting at Moscatiello’s Italian Family Restaurant to order and noted the presence of a quorum.
• VIKING GYM: President Debbie provided an update on the planned renovation of the Viking outdoor gym created at the Schodack Town Park in 2017 as a co-op Eagle Scout project by the SRC, Town of Schodack, a Swedish Rotary club, and the Top Form physical training company. She reported that Ron Annis, SRC member and Top Form owner, met with Schodack officials tonight to discuss renovation and potential expansion of the installation and will report back to the club. She noted that we may be able to broaden the effort with the assistance of the local Kiwanis and Elks clubs.
• PROGRAMS: The club still is seeking speakers/presenters for both in-person and Zoom meetings. Anyone wishing to reserve a date to provide a program is asked to contact Kevin Leyhane or Becky Raymond.
• FUNDRAISER: The District is planning a wine and whiskey tasting as a fundraiser for anti-polio programs. The date is Saturday, March 26, and reservations are required. Details are on the club website.
• BOARD MEETING — The SRC Board Meeting has been rescheduled for March 10, following the scheduled dinner meeting. The change was made because the original February date conflicted with school vacation.
• PROGRAM — PG Larry Jones, the District’s ShelterBox liaison, was our guest speaker. He provided a slideshow update of the relief agency’s current global outreach work. SRC has been a steadfast supporter of ShelterBox, contributing nearly $27,000 in the past decade toward the agency’s relief work.