MEMBERS ATTENDING (17): Debbie Rodriguez, Becky Raymond, Roberto Martinez, Phill Kellerman, Dick Drumm, Charlie Foote, Peter Brown, Pat Bailey, Tony Morris, Andy Leyhane, Ray Hannan, Jim Leyhane, John Justino. By proxy: Debbie Brown, Carol Orvis, Dean Calamaras, Doris Calamaras.
President Debbie Rodriguez called the Zoom meeting to order and noted the presence of a quorum.
• HEALTHY KIDS DAY — Phil Kellerman will be staffing a table at this Greenbush YMCA event on Saturday, and is asking for anyone else who can volunteer to do so for all or part of the noon-to-2 p.m. event. SRC will be sharing information on Rotary and, literally, showing the flag.
• FUNDRAISING — Pat Bailey reported that events are being scheduled to spread the word about Rotary. Kristi’s Barn is one such venue on the list. She also is asking for volunteers to help staff events. The size of the volunteer group may impact what we actually schedule.
• VIKING OUTDOOR GYM — Debbie Rodriguez and Ron Annis met with members of the local Kiwanis Club to discuss the renovation project of the gym at Schodack Town Park that Rotary helped spearhead some years ago. Kiwanians have been invited to join us in the restoration/expansion project. Results to come.
• NYCR DANES ROTARACT — John Justino said the recent ShelterBox demo program drew another new member. The current club president is taking a new job and a successor will be sought.
• SCHOLARSHIP AWARDS — We still are awaiting nominees from officials at Columbia, Maple Hill, and Rensselaer high schools. One from each school will receive a $1,000 award. We are hoping to have the students as our guests at our June 9 dinner meeting.
• DUES REMINDER — The deadline for half-year or full-year dues payments for the 2022-23 Rotary Year is June 1. Please be sure your checks, made payable to SRC Rotary, are mailed to Treasurer Murray Forth in time to be received by that date: P.O. Box 71, East Greenbush, NY 12061. (The six-month partial payment for individuals is $87.50, or $175 for “Family” and “Corporate” groups. The full-year rate is $175 and $350, respectively.)
• DISTRICT CONFERENCE — Roberto Martinez and Jim Leyhane will be attending the District Conference this Saturday at the Great Escape Lodge in Queensbury.
• NEXT MEETING — Mike Moscatiello, of our host restaurant family, will be our guest speaker at 6 p.m. Thursday, May 5 (Cinco de Mayo). His topic: “Restaurants In the Pandemic Era.” Entree choices will be spaghetti and meatballs and Chicken Casear Salad and, as always, a cash bar will be available.