MEMBERS ATTENDING (16): Debbie Rodriguez, Bill Dowd, Roberto Martinez, Jim Leyhane, Dick Drumm, Kevin Leyhane, Charlie Foote, Andy Leyhane, Murray Forth. By proxy: Carol Orvis, Peter Brown, Debbie Brown, Dean Calamaras, Doris Calamaras, Tony Morris, Becky Raymond.
President Debbie Rodriguez called the Zoom meeting order and noted the presence of a quorum due to the number of proxies.
• SCHOLARSHIP WINNERS — We have received the names of graduating seniors from Rensselaer, Maple Hill, and Columbia high schools who each will receive a $1,000 SRC Rotary Scholarship. The students have been invited to join us at our June 9 dinner meeting at Moscatiello’s. The club will pay for meals for each student, one parent for each of them, and one representative of each school. All others guests will be asked to pay the same $25 dinner fee as members. Our thanks to Terry Brewer for coordinating the program.
• SUMMER CASUAL SCHEDULE — We have one event scheduled so far for our July-August informal period — a picnic on July 14 at the Browns’ residence in Castleton. Anyone else who wishes to host or arrange an event is asked to select a date from the club calendar then email the club at SRCrotary@gmail.com to lock in the date and details.
• IMPACT COMMITTEE — We finished our series of appearances at Kristy’s Barn in Schodack to meet the public and get out the word about Rotary. Thanks to Becky Raymond, Jim Leyhane, and Roberto Martinez for volunteering on Saturday. We now switch to appearances at the Town of Schodack’s “Music In the Park” Tuesday series on June 7, 14, 21, and 28 from 5 to 7:30 p.m. (Rain dates are Wednesdays.) Anyone who can volunteer to staff the table is asked to contact Pat Bailey ASAP.
• DRIVER TRAINING — We are polling members to ascertain interest in having a summer session of training by a professional (and getting an auto insurance discount in the process). The potential dates are July 9 and 23 and August 6. Interested members are asked to email the club at SRrotary@gmail.com with the preferred date. (Rotarians may invite non-members to participate.)
• NEXT MEETING — We will host local business owner Dan Welch of Sweater Ventures at 6 p.m. Thursday, June 2, at Moscatiello’s.