MEMBERS ATTENDING (15): Debbie Rodriguez, Pat Bailey, Murray Forth, Kevin Leyhane, Andy Leyhane, Jim Leyhane, Phil Kellerman, Roberto Martinez, Dick Drumm, Charlie Foote, Ray Hannan. By proxy: Bill Dowd, Carol Orvis, Dean Calamaras, Doris Calamaris.
President Debbie Rodriguez called the meeting at Moscatiello’s Restaurant to order and noted the presence of a quorum.
• ShelterBox Fundraising — Jim Leyhane and Roberto Martinez were given approval to purchase a $250 starter pack of SB rechargeable lights if available at the Rotary International Conference in Houston this month. Reportedly, more than 20 Rotarians from District 7190 will be attending.
• SRC Impact Committee — The second phase of our public outreach will begin next Tuesday during the Town of Schodack’s “Music In the Park” series. (Rain date each week is Wednesday.) Anyone who cares to help staff the club’s table at the event is asked to contact Pat Bailey.
• Summer Casual Calendar — As announced earlier, the first two dates of our July-August social calendar have been claimed — a July 14 picnic at the Browns’ residence, and a July 21 pool party at Jim Leyhane’s residence co-sponsored by Kevin and Andy Leyhane and Roberto Martinez. As other dates (see the website calendar) are spoken for, we’ll provide details. Please contact Bill Dowd to reserve a date if you wish to host or plan an event.
• Driver Safety Training — Response to a survey asking about interest in a one-day course this summer was very weak. Presently, it appears we will try again in the fall to sponsor such a course.
• Gift of Life raffle — The District 7190 GOL Board members are selling $20 raffle tickets to win a “Barrow of Booze.” The drawings will be July 1. See Dean or Doris Calamaras or Jim Leyhane if you are interested in purchasing tickets.
• Scholarship Dinner — The graduating seniors from Rensselaer, Columbia, and Maple Hill high schools who have been chosen to receive $1,000 SRC Scholarships and their guests have been invited to join us at our Thursday, June 9, dinner meeting at Moscatiello’s. Entree choices are chicken Caesar salad or spaghetti with meatballs or sausage, or marinara or meat sauce.