Each July and August, SRC puts its “SRC Summer Casual Calendar” into effect, with a series of family-friendly events that allow us to re-energize our Rotary membership, network with each other, and just plain have fun.
We also encourage our members to bring along friends, colleagues, and others to get to know their fellow Rotarians and find out why so many of us choose Rotary membership as a great way to socialize, participate in community service, and give back to their community.
Here’s what we have lined up so far. We urge you to make your reservations and join us.
• Thursday, July 11 — 6 p.m., a private-room dinner and chatfest at the Schodack Diner, 1842 Columbia Turnpike. Hosts Ray and Lois Hannan are covering the cost, but guests are asked to contribute $15 per person or $25 per couple to go toward our club treasury to support our numerous public service efforts. To reserve a seat, contact Ray at email@example.com or call Ray or Lois at 585-315-1385.
• Thursday, July 18 — Tri-City ValleyCats baseball game and pavilion picnic at HVCC’s Bruno Stadium. To reserve tickets, contact Terry Brewer no later than July 13 at firstname.lastname@example.org or call him at 518-518-221-4050.
• Thursday, July 25 — Pool Party & Cookout, Jim Leyhane‘s East Greenbush residence, co-hosted by Roberto Martinez. EG Student Advisory Council as special guests. Bring an appetizer or dessert to augment the catered menu of sliders, mini-hit dogs, and sides. Jim and Roberto are covering the meal cost, but guests are asked to contribute $15 per person or $25 per couple to go toward our club treasury to support our numerous public service efforts. To reserve a seat, contact Jim at email@example.com or Roberto at firstname.lastname@example.org by July 22.
• Thursday, August 1 — A performance of “Ragtime: The Musical” at Mac-Haydn Theatre in Chatham preceded by dinner at Yiannis at the Chatham House. For reservations for either or both contact Debbie Brown at email@example.com no later than July 25.
• Thursday, August 8 — Picnic at the Drumms’ Fox Hollow residence in Valatie. Contact Dick or Mary at firstname.lastname@example.org or 518-784-2521 no later than August 1.
• Thursday, August 15 — “Sundaes on Thursday (+ food)“ ice cream social, hosted by Pat Bailey and Debbie Rodriguez at the Rodriguez residence. Contact Pat at email@example.com or 518-766-0215 or Debbie at firstname.lastname@example.org or 518-766-3451 no later than August 11.
Would you like to host or arrange an outing for August 22? That’s the one date we have remaining, Simply set it up and contact Bill Dowd at BillDowd4Troy@gmail.com or 518-238-1950 to get on the schedule.