MEMBERS ATTENDING (19): Debbie Rodriguez, Bill Dowd, Peter Brown, Debbie Brown, Charlie Foote, Pat Bailey, Dick Drumm, Phil Kellerman, Ray Hannan, Kevin Leyhane, Tony Morris, Murray Forth, Andy Leyhane, Becky Raymond, Carol Orvis (by proxy), Dean Calamaras (by proxy), Doris Calamaras (by proxy), Roberto Martinez (by proxy), Jim Leyhane (by proxy).
GUESTS (1): Lois Hannan.
President Debbie Brown presided (from Connecticut) at the Zoom meeting.
• Guest Lois Hannan spoke on her experiences as a volunteer at Kate’s Closet, the used clothing shop at Circles of Mercy in Rensselaer. She noted that both she and husband Ray are Associates of the Sisters of Mercy, the religious order that operates the family services organization. She explained the process for allowing people in need to shop there, purchasing items from 50 cents to $5 each. She said children’s items are particularly needed now. (Note: Richard Zazycki, Circles executive director, will be our dinner speaker on December 2.)
• The club’s Zoom account has been upgraded to eliminate the time limit. Thanks to those members who donated money to pay for the first year’s subscription at $14.99 per month.
• The deadline for payment of half-year dues is December 1. Anyone paying by this process is asked to mail their check, made payable to SRC Rotary, to the club at P.O. Box 71, East Greenbush NY 12061.
• Each year, the presiding president designates the organization that will receive funds donated to the “Pocket Change Jar.” President Debbie announced tonight that this year’s recipient will be Unity House of Troy.
• Treasurer Murray reported receipt of a thank-you note from the crew of the USS Slater floating maritime museum for our $150 donation in memory of former member Bill Wyld.
• Next week’s dinner meeting at Moscatiello’s will begin slightly earlier than usual — at 6 p.m. — and end by 7 p.m. to allow for a Board meeting immediately afterward.